November 30, 2015
On November 30, 2015, Port Metro Vancouver issued an amendment to FSD’s existing Direct Transfer Coal Facility project permit. The amendment permits FSD to use ocean-going vessels which eliminates or reduces the use of barges. Please visit Port Metro Vancouver’s website for more information regarding the permit amendment.
Round 2 Public Consultation July 17 – August 21, 2015
Round 2 Public Consultation, July 17 to August 21, 2015, was undertaken by Fraser Surrey Docks LP (FSD) after submission of the project permit amendment to Port Metro Vancouver on June 19, 2015. During Round 2 Public Consultation FSD sought comments regarding the proposed changes to the design and on the results of the studies associated with the amendment to the existing project permit. A discussion guide and an online feedback form were made available for Round 2 Public Consultation from July 17 – August 21, 2015. Community and stakeholder feedback received during Round 2 Public Consultation has been summarized and posted online in a Consultation Summary Report – September 2015 .
On August 21, 2014, FSD was granted a project permit by Port Metro Vancouver that gives it approval to build and operate a Direct Transfer Coal Facility within its existing lease area.
On May 4, 2015, FSD announced it was considering applying to amend its existing project permit in order to load coal directly to ocean-going vessels (OGVs). FSD sought comments, May 4 to 19, 2015, from the public and stakeholders on the proposed scope of the studies associated with the amendment under consideration to its existing permit.
On June 19, 2015, FSD applied to amend its existing project permit. The application was made following consideration of feedback received during Round 1 Public Comment Period and information provided by subject-matter experts.
Round 2 Public Consultation July 17 – August 21, 2015:
- Application for an Amendment to Permit No. 2012 – 072 Direct Transfer Coal Facility
- Addendum Report to the Human Health Risk Assessment (HHRA)
- Addendum to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Air Quality Assessment (AQA) Addendum
- Risk Assessment Update
- Summary of Changes to the Environmental Management Plan
- Water Management Plan Addendum
- Fire Life Safety Plan
- Spill Response Plan
Round 1 Public Comment Period (May 4 – 19, 2015):
The following supporting documents for the original project permit are available:
Direct Transfer Coal Facility Project Application
- Human Health Risk Assessment (HHRA)
- Air Quality Assessment (AQA)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) (November 2013)
- Phase 1 Community Engagement Summary Report
- Phase 2 Engagement Summary Report
- Marine Risk Assessment
- Coal Transfer Facility Fire Safety Plan
- Preliminary Environmental Management Plan
- Air Dispersion Modelling Assessment
- Spill Response Plan
- Water Management Plan